When I sit-down with Secretaries, Superintendents, and Chief Administrative Officers I find the line of questioning when it comes to paperless meetings varies significantly. Every organization is a bit different, but there are some crucial points to focus on, that will ensure your transition is seamless. Almost every board secretary I talk to understands immediately how much money, time and paper can be saved by going to a Paperless Meeting Management Solution, the trick is making sure everyone else understands too. Here’s a taste of what to expect from my upcoming presentation at the Association of School Business Officials of Alberta (ASBOA) Conference.
5 Things School Boards Must Know Before Going Paperless
1) What are the benefits? – Do some homework and make sure everyone inside your organization knows what’s to gain.
2) Getting the Board on Board – How to get board members to buy-in.
3) Own It – Know the Tools of the Trade. Every organization needs an expert. Some who knows the technology, and where to go for questions.
4) Security & Privacy – If I don’t have paper, where will the info be located?
5) Keep it Simple Schools! – My number one rule for a successful implementation!
I’m excited to have Wolf Creek School Division Secretary-Treasurer Joe Henderson and Greater St Albert Catholic Regional Division Secretary-Treasurer Deb Schlag joining me to add some of their insights.