Negotiate for Change: 5 Tips to Innovate as a Clerk
Jeremy Bosch – iCompass Manager of Marketing Operations
Leana Johnson – Clerk/Treasurer in White Salmon, WA
Innovating and driving change in the clerk’s office means that you need to have buy-in from council and staff at your organization.
This session focused on strategies for clerks to navigate these political waters, get budgetary approval and successfully implement tools that will improve the public’s access to information and services.
You’ll come away from this session with strategies to:
- Better demonstrate the value of your ideas to Council and key staff
- Get budget approval and organizational buy-in
- Persevere through setbacks when trying to innovate
- Successfully plan, integrate and implement technology in the clerk’s office
- To answer the question: why change?
- Better manage key processes like agendas and records