The Leadership Challenge: A City Manager’s Guide to Building Sustainable Success
The ups and downs of municipal politics have always made the tenure of a City Manager unpredictable. There are a number of factors that a City Manager can’t control, but the message in this webinar is that municipal leaders need to look inward and apply leadership strategies to get Council, Staff and Department Directors working effectively on the same goals!
Author and 37-year public servant Randy Diehl discusses the recent trends in City Manager job security and what can be done to avoid becoming a victim of ‘the revolving door’.
In this session you can expect to learn about:
- Why leadership fails and what warning signs took for if your job is in danger
- Hiring practices and performance reviews – how to better recruit contributors and develop them
- Managing municipal politics and working with Council
- Leadership training and personal development strategies
- Building an effective strategic plan for your organization, and for yourself as a City Manager